The church of St Mary the Virgin
The vicar is the Revd Stephen Monk who can be contacted on 01629 734257 or via firstname.lastname@example.org.
The church wardens are Marlene Siddall and Maureen Wilson. You are assured a warm and friendly welcome at the church. To subscribe to St Mary’s parish magazine, see here.
St Mary’s is part of a family of churches with St Helen’s in Churchtown, Darley Dale and St John’s in Winster. There is a joint Parochial Church Council for this united benefice.
Much information relating to the church and the united benefice can be found on St Helen’s website.
The church has strong links with South Darley Church of England Primary School -see here.
The church of St Mary the Virgin was dedicated in 1845 and is a Grade II listed building. The listing can be found here.
Baptisms were conducted from 1845 and marriages from 1847. Burials in the churchyard commenced in 1846. The parish war memorial stands outside the church.
See also the Wikipedia site for St Mary’s.